deer valley project update

September 1, 2009

I finally got the sashing on this thing, it has really been a nightmare putting it together.  I don’t know why but every row had to be ripped out and resewn at least once.  One of them took like 4 or 5 tries.  It was like every time I sewed a row on, no matter how carefully I lined things up and pinned, it came out crooked.   I was super irritated.  I still need to put the borders on, hopefully that will be a little easier.  At least after all that trouble, I finally got the vertical sashing looking straight, but it was the least enjoyable quilt top I have put together so far because I hate having to do things over, but since my pride would not let me have crooked vertical rows, I had to do it!  I hope this isn’t a bad omen that the quilting part is going to give me trouble too!

Advertisements

One Response to “deer valley project update”

  1. calee Says:

    wow this is amazing! I love seeing your quilts on craftster. so many ppl make quilts but not as many think about the fabrics with a design-mind … it kind of makes me sad for all the work that goes into those quilts.

    Anyway, as usual, totally awesome.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: